There were so many excellent nominations this year for this award; it was difficult to select just one winner. But it is with pleasure to announce that Dr Tanveer Tabish will be awarded with the excellent prize this year.
The Larry Hench Young Investigators Prize is dedicated to promising young researchers in recognition of their outstanding contributions within the field of biomaterials. This award is given in remembrance of such a key figure of this field – Prof Larry Hench (1938-2015).
Due to the Easter break and a few people asking for a little more time to finalise data for their #UKSB2022 abstracts, we have decided to move the deadline to Friday 29th April at 5pm. This will be a final deadline, so please do submit before this deadline.
Thank you to all that have submitted – there are some excellent topics and we can see already the quality of the research coming through. This is going to be a very exciting meeting with many of the founding members of the Society joining for the celebratory event.
It is with pleasure that we announce the award for the Alan Wilson Memorial Lecture this year will be given to Prof Sanjuka Deb, King’s College London to recognise her work and contribution to the UK Biomaterials field in celebration of the life and career of the outstanding dental materials scientist Dr Alan Wilson OBE (1928-2011).
I look forward to hearing about Prof Deb’s latest work as she joins us at #UKSB2022.
It is our pleasure to announce this years UKSB Presidents prize will be awarded to Prof Paul Hatton from the University of Sheffield.
We will hear about Prof. Hatton’s vast experience of the biomaterials world, from the fundamentals of biomaterials science to working with clinical partners. This prize will recognize his absolutely outstanding contributions to the field during his career, and I look forward to the many stories and anecdotes he might tell.
We are happy to open registration for this years conference.
UK Society for Biomaterials 2022 Annual Conference
UKSB2022 will be a celebration of UKSB which was founded in 2000 with the first meeting held at The University of Sheffield in the same year. Please join us back in Sheffield to celebrate over 20 years of our amazing society!
For more information about the conference and for important dates, abstract submissions and exhibitor info please click here.
This year the conference is being hosted at The Edge, Sheffield University June 27-28th 2022
Please click here for the direct registration page.
Looking forward to welcoming you all there!
After some requests we have decided to push the deadline for #UKSB2022 abstracts back to 14th April 2022. We hope that this gives you enough time to submit your work for presentation at this years annual conference.
This year we will welcome the biomaterials community to Sheffield, where the UKSB began now 22 years ago. This will be an anniversary celebration delayed slightly due to the past few years of Covid, during which we hosted online annual meetings. #UKSB2022 is set to be an amazing event with some excellent keynote speakers lined up – more details to follow very soon.
Please see here for more details, and importantly for the abstract template and submission info.
Reminder of upcoming abstract deadline for ESB2022!
The 32nd Annual Conference of the European Society of Biomaterials will take place from September 4 to 8, 2022 in Bordeaux, France.
September, 4-8, 2022
Abstract Submission is open
Deadline : 28 February 2022
Registration through the website here.
Call for Abstracts ESB 2022 | Call for Symposia ESB 2022
Dear members of the UK Society for Biomaterials,
On behalf of the ESB 2022 Organizing Committee, we would like to remind you some ongoing calls and extension deadlines for the 32nd Annual Meeting of the European Society for Biomaterials that will be held in Bordeaux, France, on 4-8 September 2022.
- The Call for Abstracts is open until the 28th of February 2022.
- We have decided to extend the deadline for the Call for Symposia until the 28th of February 2022. Please visit the conference website https://www.esbbordeaux2022.org/index.php?langue=en&onglet=22&acces=&idUser=&emailUser= , complete all details and send the proposal by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit the conference website https://www.esbbordeaux2022.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com) in case you have any question or comment.
On behalf of the whole Organizing Committee, we thank you very much in advance for your contribution and support.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the 32nd ESB Conference in Bordeaux!
Joëlle Amédée, ESB 2022 Chair
Didier Letourneur, ESB 2022 Co-Chair
Jean Christophe Fricain, ESB 2022 Co-Chair
The Larry Hench Young Investigators Prize is a £500 prize to a promising young research scientist in recognition of outstanding and innovative contributions in a selected field of biomaterials research.
Instructions to Applicant:
In order to complete this application for the award the applicant should follow the instructions given below:
1. The applicant must submit their CV using the template provided (link below).
2. Please ensure this CV (including the supporting statement) is no longer than three A4 pages (2 pages for the CV and 1 page maximum for the supporting statement).
3. Please ensure that the font used is a standard font (e.g. Arial or Times New Roman) and is no smaller than size 10.
4. Details of what should be included in each section are provided in the CV template (please delete the instructions for each section).
5. Please email your completed CV to the UKSB at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject line – “Larry Hench Award 2022“)
6. The deadline for receiving the emailed applications is: EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 11th MARCH 2022
7. The UKSB council will make the final decision on the award based only on the information provided on the 2 A4 page CV. Additional information to this will not be considered. Canvassing of UKSB council members is not permitted.
8. Successful applicants will have to provide an abstract of their work for publication on the UKSB website and present at the UKSB Annual Conference.
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications
- Outstanding contribution and demonstrable research in the field of biomaterials or related areas.
- Experience in presenting at international and national conferences.
- Applicants must be no more than 7 years post final degree award at the deadline for submission of application.
- Applicants can be UK nationals currently researching at an overseas institute, or foreign nationals currently studying in the UK, both must demonstrate 2 years of contribution to UK Biomaterials research.
Previous prize winners along with other benefits from the Society can be found here.