The Larry Hench Young Investigators Prize is a £500 prize to a promising young research scientist in recognition of outstanding and innovative contributions in a selected field of biomaterials research.
Instructions to Applicant:
In order to complete this application for the award the applicant should follow the instructions given below:
1. The applicant must submit their CV using the template provided (link below).
2. Please ensure this CV (including the supporting statement) is no longer than three A4 pages (2 pages for the CV and 1 page maximum for the supporting statement).
3. Please ensure that the font used is a standard font (e.g. Arial or Times New Roman) and is no smaller than size 10.
4. Details of what should be included in each section are provided in the CV template (please delete the instructions for each section).
5. Please email your completed CV to the UKSB at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject line – “Larry Hench Award 2022“)
6. The deadline for receiving the emailed applications is: EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 11th MARCH 2022
7. The UKSB council will make the final decision on the award based only on the information provided on the 2 A4 page CV. Additional information to this will not be considered. Canvassing of UKSB council members is not permitted.
8. Successful applicants will have to provide an abstract of their work for publication on the UKSB website and present at the UKSB Annual Conference.
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications
- Outstanding contribution and demonstrable research in the field of biomaterials or related areas.
- Experience in presenting at international and national conferences.
- Applicants must be no more than 7 years post final degree award at the deadline for submission of application.
- Applicants can be UK nationals currently researching at an overseas institute, or foreign nationals currently studying in the UK, both must demonstrate 2 years of contribution to UK Biomaterials research.
Previous prize winners along with other benefits from the Society can be found here.