Welcome to the UK Society for Biomaterials Early Career Forum (formerly the Young Scientists Forum). Our focus is to represent the interests of the younger members of the UKSB.
Key Goals of the UKSB-ECF
The Early Career Forum of the UK Society for Biomaterials (UKSB – ECF) is a forum dedicated to representing the interests of the younger members of the UKSB, by promoting scientific/social events, sponsoring national/international conferences, and advertising work/research/faculty positions. All non-faculty UKSB members can join the UKSB – ECF without additional fees; eligible scientists automatically join the UKSB – ECF as members of the UKSB. All UKSB members are encouraged to raise awareness of ECF to new eligible members (e.g., students, postdocs., fellows, etc).
The UKSB – ECF is committed to promoted education and training in the biomaterials field at national and international level, to provide a forum for discussion, communication, and collaboration between the ECF members, to organize meetings, workshop, and events related to biomaterials, and to advertise academic and industrial positions and possibilities for ECF members. The main channels used by the UKSB – ECF are newsletters and social media.
The UKSB – ECF board is composed by members affiliated to different UK institutions and their duties are as follows:
- Spokesperson – responsible for communicating with the UKSB board. The UKSB – ECF spokesperson is also likely to be appointed as the National Chapter of the European Society for Biomaterials – Young Scientist Forum (ESB-YSF) and thus responsible in communicating with the ESB-YSF
- Secretary – responsible for the administration of any financial support and in helping the spokesperson
- Social Media Manager – responsible for promoting and sponsoring the UKSB -ECF on social media
- Newsletter Officer– responsible for managing newsletters preparation and distribution
- Conferences and Meetings Officer– responsible for contributing to the organization of events, workshops, and meeting and in promoting the UKBS – ECF in national events
Please contact Dr Adam Celiz (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining the UKSB – ECF board.
Dr Lisa White – University of Nottingham
Dr Adam Celiz – Imperial College London